“Attığımız Taş Ürküttüğümüz Kuşa Değecek mi?”
Son zamanlarda kullandığım etkili sorulardan biri. Tabii ki kullanım yeri ve zamanına göre faydaları var. Şöyle ki;
- Ek gereksinimleri anlayabilmek ve buna göre talepleri öncelik sırasına alabilmek için,
- Öncelikle bu soruyu projelerinize ek olarak istenen talebin sahibine sormalısınız,
- Ayrıca Portföy Yönetiminde ilgili talebi değişiklik yönetim sürecine alabilmek,
- Dahası şirketin stratejik hedeflerine katkısı olmayacak talep ve projeleri portföyünüzden önlemek,
- Olumlu bir açıdan da boşa kaynak, zaman ve maliyet israfı yapmamak için.
Bu nedenle sorun, irdeleyin ve proje ve portföyünüze değer katın!
“It’s More Trouble Than It’s Worth”
It is one of the best sentence that I use recently. Indeed there are advantages regarding it’s usage in timing and position. As follows;
- Firstly you should ask to demand owner which one is additional to projects,
- To define and prioritize additional demands,
- Also to add demand to Change Management Process in Portfolio Management,
- More importantly, to avoid demands & projects which are not aligned with strategical targets of company,
- From a different point, to avoid waste of resource, time and money.
To sum up, Ask, Research and Add Value to Project & Portfolio!
Here are severals suggestions to strengthen the links between strategy and project/program & portfolio management, organisations and for all professionals:
- Build a solution based and bottom-up processes of portfolio management structure that align with projects’ outcomes with organisational strategy,
- Strengthen the portfolio management practices and continually improve the processes regarding the feedbacks,
- Take responsibilities and ownership to deliver business value,
- Increase the capability of PMOs not only for supporting but also managing effeciently to support the delivery of projects and programs,
- Ensure that project managers have the exact skills, capabilities and experiences to adapt new business models and related projects,
- Take more strategic approachs to talent management providing for the future by creating career paths and always develop their talents to ensure project deliveries and strategic outcomes,
- Ensure the change management which is the most process of the project maangement according to the several surveys integrated with project management activities, efforts and other side effects.